Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Aam story...! My version of a D-I-Y mango tan removal face pack

It is the season of Aam (mango) and Ilish Maachh (Hilsa fish).. so, true to my roots, its hard for me to avoid either or both..And I am, by a;; means, a dedicated Aam aadmi (or aurat in this case)..that implies, I am a mango lover..the succulent fruit, oozing all its gooey goodness is hard for me to resist..

Therefore, when I heard it is as good a tan removing agent, I was at a loss. When I have mango in hand, it is hard to put it in anywhere else than the mouth..but sigh, the tan! The scorching Kolkata sun blesses us all with a hard to ignore tan..So well, let sum it up, the tan won this round. And like every year, my dad made sure that we had out fill of mangoes, accompanied with almost every meal of the day. So, mango is an abundantly available item in my house, similar to most other Indian homes, at least Bengali homes, at this time of the year.

For my maiden venture, the mango on its part, was chopped up and landed in the mixer (to turn into a gooey paste) rater than making its way into the tummy. This is a D-I-Y of the Mango Tan Removal face pack that I made at home and well, to some extent, succeeded in removing a little of the tan! Follow the steps to know more.

My version of a home- made D-I-Y Mango Tan Removing Face Pack
1. Take zee mango (well, that's the first step, isn't it!) and square into smaller pieces. This will make for easier grinding.



2. Place it in the mixer and give it one quick swish. The resulting paste should not be too runny, semi-coagulated is just about the right consistency.



3. Now, add to this 1- 2 tbsp (or as per requirement) yogurt. I used home- made yogurt for my face pack. 

4. And the final products that went into this awesome pack are besan (gram-flour) and honey. Both easily and abundantly available.



5. Mix all the ingredients together to form a smooth paste.
6. Apply this on clean face and leave on till dry, which should take about 20 mins.

Wash off with normal or lukewarm water and voila, you have gifted yourself a smooth, glowing skin. Well, in my case, the tan is quite persistent and have eroded just about but I am quite happy with the result.So, I think I am going to go with another few applications to get rid of this stubborn tan. Till then I have to bear with sharing the beloved mango with my skin apart from the gastronomical senses.

What I love about this pack is that all the items are so easily and abundantly available in the kitchen that I don't have to run around collecting the ingredients. Next is, of course, it is made up of mango (the small itself tantalizes). And well, it leaves the skin a lot more moisturized after a hard day at work, as well as lightens the tan to some extent.

I sure loved my experience. Hope you try it at home too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The moth fell in love with the flame

(This was written by me quite sometime ago..m just re-posting!!) The moth fell in love with the flame; It could not take its eyes off...