Sunday, January 26, 2014

A sojourn with a nocturnal companion


Cold was the night, my soul listless, relentless;
A paradox of emotion, tumbling through my head.
The rhythm seemed imperfect,
Or I had shut my mind’s eye.
Through the doors, I walked into the cold night,
The cool of the night and my burning emotions,
A charitable companion, me and the night.

I walked past the doors, of the sleeping city,
I walked even past the dark narrow alleys,
That brimmed with nocturnal activities.
Night’s canvas painted a different picture,
Than that of it’s bright-lit cousin- daylight.
It all seemed purist, even part illusion,
A far away dream,
That has long faded, leaving its scant essence,
Chaffing against the soul.

Yet we walked on, me and my companion, the night.
I came upon a crossroad, which I may have often passed by before,
But never oft enough,
For I never stopped to explore.
To look beyond what was there.
To overcome the cold stares, that crippled one’s soul,
There was not enough defiant-ness, to find out anything more.
To escape this existence, where mundane seemed life;
All else- a hushed up existence,
Dwelling in the dark abyss of mind,
So deep, so dark,
Light could not reach out.
And there it lingered, crawled, clawed, tried to break free.
But the shackles of darkness, held it place-
A prison of its own destiny.

Help me night, to see where I am going.
For, this journey, once began, has no ending.
No going back to the very beginning.

Night’s kaleidoscope painted a mournful hue,
The mind’s eye, knows not what’s true.
What is before the eyes, or what has bygone.
It just might not have ever been existent.

I turn to my companion, unanswered questions lingering,
But the apparition fade off into nothingness
And, as I trace my way back, pensive from my traverse
I pass the doors of the sleeping city,
I walk even past the dark narrow alleys,
And walk back through the doors,
Away from the cold night, into my cold, closed soul.
A paradox of emotion, clamouring all around me, choking.
The rhythm all imperfect, without harmony;
And I, without my nocturnal companion, lost in the cacophony of the silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The moth fell in love with the flame

(This was written by me quite sometime ago..m just re-posting!!) The moth fell in love with the flame; It could not take its eyes off...